Canned Text is a great way to improve consistency within your ticketing. It’s a feature that’s built-in to Manage and isn’t used enough. Let’s set it up and provide you with some examples of how to use them.
Canned text is basically a pre-defined response that you can use over and over for the recurring emails within your tickets. Examples of canned text are:
- We’re still working on your issue
- We’ve escalated your issue
- We think your issue is resolved
- Your ticket is currently on hold
Configuring Canned Text
Within ConnectWise Manage, Canned Text is referred to as a ‘Standard Note’. Head over to Setup Tables > Service > Standard Note and select the + button.
As shown above, it’s very simple to create a canned text template. Here are some examples of useful templates you can use.
We’re working on your issue
I just wanted to provide you with an update and let you know that we’re working on your issue.
Your issue is in progress and is being worked on by our engineers. We’re prioritizing your ticket and will be in touch as soon as possible with a further update. In the meantime, please provide any additional information such as screenshots or error codes that may help us in resolving this issue.
We’ve resolved your issue
Thanks for taking the time to speak about issue today. Following on from our phone call, we now believe this issue is resolved and this ticket will be closed shortly.
If there is anything else that I can help with, or you believe this issue is still occuring, please contact me or reply to this email to reopen your ticket.
We need more information
Thank you for informing us about issue. Where possible, could you please provide us with some information to help us better support you in resolving this issue.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
Screenshot of the error message
Steps taken to create this issue
Once we have this issue, we’ll look to recreate it so that we may inspect the logs to help resolve this issue.
Standard Notes are a great way of maximizing time for your engineers whilst providing consistency for your customers.
- Do: Set expectations for your customers. Standard Notes are a great way of providing information on your steps to resolving an issue, whilst also putting the ball into their court.
- Don’t: Standard Notes aren’t always the way to go. Sometimes, a customer needs a personal touch. Don’t use Standard Templates in situations where the client may be upset or distressed.