This guide is created within a format that you can copy/paste into a ConnectWise Project Template and can freely be modified. I try to create as little of a number of phases/tickets as possible and work out of the Tasks within the tickets for the administrative effort it takes to maintain within ConnectWise.
Phase 1: Build
Ticket 1: Unbox, Image, Build
- Unbox PC and run through initial Windows 10 setup wizard.
- Rename PC to COMPANY-SERIAL
- Ensure updates completed to latest OS Build
- Install RMM Software
- Install Anti-Virus Product
- Install Office
- Install Chrome
- Install Adobe Reader
- Set default apps (Chrome, Outlook, Adobe)
- Remove Bloatware
Phase 2: On-Site Installation
Ticket 2: Profile
- Join Local/Azure AD if applicable and sign-in
- Migrate user data if necessary from the old workstation
- Install Printers
- Set up SharePoint/Server Shared Drives
- Install Client-Specific Software
- Check folder redirection if applicable
- Configure Outlook & Signature
I generally create a time budget against these in Manage for how long they take and following the project have a final phase of reviewing and updating the budget and also any issues that the template has to refine it. In Manage, I create ticket templates for the ‘Client-Specific Software’ that then has its own tasks for each different client and their bespoke software.